Learn from this and have pleasant feelings.
Sometimes I worry that I am proud but this is good as I realise it, address it and don’t stumble, let me explain:
- Remember this – I read this. My pride is mainly vanity which is the least of the types of pride.
- And this – Realising and addressing the problem of pride is the main step to becoming humble.
- Consider if you too – I am isolated but I still do well to try and be humble and listen to other people before I speak about myself lots.
- Are you like one of the celebrities on TV? No, it’s not that bad but only say that if you are in despair about it AND DO squash your pride at every cost.
- Praise Jesus and magnify him instead e.g. if you have vain imaginations then imagine Jesus as a powerful and beautiful warrior.
James 4:6 English Standard Version (ESV)
But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”
Being humble feels pleasant as Jesus gives you grace when you do it.
IF you don’t then you will feel like a turkey.