Ephesians 6 armour is very useful for dealing with visible and invisible minions. I use it myself but I would say that the first part of 1 John 4:18 and 1 John 3:18-19 is super, if you can do it. It is the breastplate of the Ephesians 6 armour effectively.
“There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear…”
1 John 4:18 ESV
This verse says that love gets rid of fear (the lying little demons from the enemy flee). They are just little imps with big mouths anyway.
A few 1 John 4:18 ideas (not saying you do not do this already) to get those demons packing:
– Even the smallest act of love like a quick prayer with the right heart.
– Saying bless you as if you forgive the person who is giving you verbal abuse. If you can, I cant say I am very good at that all the time.
– I was feeling down and then wrote this to help people. I felt better as a result which reminds me that I need to keep doing it.
“Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth. By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before him”
1 John 3:18-19 ESV
Serving God in action (1 John 3:18) is a big game changer e.g.
– Picking up litter (with thick well chosen gloves). Just do one bag. Your daily 1GT (one good thing for Jesus in the day at least).
– Giving non caffiene drinks and soft food to the homeless. Listen to there stories as they want to be heard and they can be very interesting actually.
– Any other act of service in actions for Jesus however great or small. Be responsible and wise please.
“But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.”
Matthew 6:3-4 ESV
When you give soft, hot food and a decaf hot drink to the homeless, follow the above instructions and you will be rewarded. That is what it says. I believe this as I am a Christian and I am sure that Jesus believes it as Jesus is the Word and the Word is the bible.
Your heart is your motivations so examine it, put it right and then be blessed and rewarded.
Do not go out to help people in order to get a reward but do realise that God encourages love and helping people therefore you will be blessed.
This is if you can manage it at the time. It takes you right out of yourself, God blesses you to encourage more as He loves us and the demons emergrate.
Testing to see if someones chocolate is safe before they eat it is not counted lol.
You can switch fear to excitement in your mind also. Try it, research it….
Just exercising your faith will give you the shield of faith so that bad spirits do not hurt you and you feel good instead. Not that feelings should be heeded before the facts of the bible ever though. Doing good works when guided by the Holy Spirit will give you faith:
So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
James 2:17 ESV
It is a powerful thing to do the right thing when the wrong thing is happening to you.
Sausage roll, oops er shalom 😊