Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.
1 Corinthians 6:18 ESV
Sexual sin is the opposite of wisdom and how God sees the world. Read Proverbs 5.
Its a sin that will damage you massively. A quick bit of crazy pleasure will give you weeks, even years of pain as God has to sanctify you back to how you were.
Read my post called “Stop sinning and get JOY instead” for ways to resist.
Here on this post is also a general way to resist sin:
- To resist temptation in the moment you should distract yourself with an alternative that is appealing e.g. if it is comfort eating chocolate then phone a friend or if you are tempted to text your ex then also phone a friend instead or do your favorite hobby.
- List the consequences to your life and how you will feel tomorrow if you give to temptation and have them in your memory for the moment you are tempted e.g. cheating on your partner will hurt someone you love.
- Label your temptation so that you can face it e.g. “I want to binge eat but I know I will feel bloated and horrible, so instead I will have a cup of tea which fills me up until dinner”.
- Remember that it hurts JOY; Jesus, Others and You.
- Have a good routine and have a good sleep pattern so that you are stronger to resist.
- Also make sure that you have enough play and quality time so that you are relaxed. This will make you stronger.
- Pray to Jesus for help to resist.
- See what tempts you, and do not go near it e.g. do not go near to a Thorntons chocolate shop if you have a chocolate problem.
- Choose wise friends that can support you to resist and who you can be accountable to.
Jesus sees you as beautiful and He treasures you. It makes His heart sink to rock bottom if you do it.
Please beloved, stay away from sexual sin. Keep yourself safe and blessed in God’s love.
There are warnings in the bible about sexual sin and not getting into heaven. The same about witchcraft and cowards.
Pray to Jesus to help you you repent of any sin you have. He will help you in cool and fun ways sometimes e.g. He gave me the idea of a time lock safe so I could only access my fags at a certain time and then over time, quit.
I was sexually abused for many years and it makes me think of big black men dominating me in bed. I think that even though I was abused, it is still sin. Sin is sin. Maybe you could put in the comments what you think about that.