We are Christians and our help is firstly spiritual. In Genesis God spoke the creation of the world into being from the spirit realm into the physical realm therefore as Christians we should look for our protection from the spiritual realms where Jesus is to be made manifest in the physical realm. We seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and then find that all the things we need, we have.
It can work the other way too e.g. going for a healthy run and having a jacket potatoe can bring good mental and then spiritual health. Mind you, Jesus probably put the idea in your head in the first place.
Mathew 6:33 NIV “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”
Put Jesus first. So keep serving. The good must carry on doing good. This is for spiritual health. Look after your spiritual health.
JOY will come if we put Jesus first, then Others, then You.
Where ever the spirit of the Lord is there is freedom. The Word is true therefore that includes your house.
2 Corinthians 3:17 NIV “Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.”
- Enjoy praising the Lord in new inventive ways like a family hymn (do some lyric print outs from the net), just say “Jesus you are good”, or if you live alone then wrap your arms around yourself and in faith give Abba Father a big spiritual cuddle. Listen to Jason Gray on YouTube, its real Jesus relationship making music.
- Think about what we can do for the needy in these times e.g. asking if we can deliver supplies like food to them and asking if they need a telephone chat.
- Pray about what prudent supplies you need yourself. Don’t empty the shelves for the elderly, thats wrong. Think of a good number in faith for what seems the right amount. If you live alone, and the Lord will direct you to more when the times comes. You need the Lord to guide you, and He will, ask for wisdom.
- Dont be afraid. Fear and excitement are similar emotions therefore switch it to excitement that God is massive and will look after us and we might be in heaven soon as it might be the end.
- Read your bible sensibly and in context and think about the under reported locusts, bushfires and Corona and whatever else. Be prudent and give it the benefit of the doubt. So repent of all of your sin and keep doing good as the good should carry on doing good.
- People turn to daft things like witchcraft in times like this. Check out my post named “mental health under attack by minions” for top tips on how to defend you and your family at home from minion neighbors.
- Pray at 1900 hours for 19 minutes against Covid-19. If everyone did this then it would probably go away.