😉 The writings here are from ancient scrolls of a secret order known only as “The Haloptic Fish”. LOL, not really but you can learn some wisdom here still. Also I am sorry we cannot get fish and chips at the moment. Maybe make a bacon sandwich instead and put ketchup in it but save me the crispy bits 😊
We are Christians and our help is firstly spiritual. In Genesis God spoke the creation of the world into being from the spirit realm into the physical realm therefore as Christians we should look for our protection from the spiritual realms where Jesus is to be made manifest in the physical realm. We seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and then find that all the things we need, we have.
It can work the other way too e.g. going for a healthy run and having a jacket potatoe can bring good mental and then spiritual health. Mind you, Jesus probably put the idea in your head in the first place.
Mathew 6:33 NIV “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”
Put Jesus first. So keep serving. The good must carry on doing good. This is for spiritual health. Look after your spiritual health.
JOY will come if we put Jesus first, then Others, then You.
Be careful to make sure you do not make an excuse in your heart to stop serving Jesus. Do not say “I cannot praise Jesus as I am feeling down”. Say instead “a person is tested by their praise and I can do all things in Christ”:
The crucible is for silver, and the furnace is for gold, and a man is tested by his praise.
Proverbs 27:21 ESV
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13 ESV
That is why on WFT have suggested that you work Clever Not Hard (CNH) to serve e.g. you are tested and your strength (wisdom) helps you by singing memorized hymns in your mind when you have no other way of praising God.
Make sure you lap up the sun when you go out for your daily exercise. Wear sun cream but get the sun on your face, arms and legs. It is amazing how much your mind changes after doing this i.e. grumpy indoor zombie transformation to sunny holiday person. Let the sun shine through your windows when you get home.
On a practical level, you may be feeling exhausted as your sleep pattern has been affected negatively i.e. you are sleeping in and not able to sleep at night. Make sure you stick to a good sleep routine and cut down on caffeine i.e. a consistent early rise and early night sleep with decaf coffees and tea. Check out my Sleep 101 post for how to get to sleep when you need to. If you are having more dreams then make sure that if you think they have meaning, the meaning is sound with what the bible says.
Where ever the spirit of the Lord is there is freedom. The Word is true therefore that includes your house.
2 Corinthians 3:17 NIV “Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.”
Here is a list of important points that will help you:
- Enjoy praising the Lord in new inventive ways like a family hymn (do some lyric print outs from the net), just say “Jesus you are good”, or if you live alone then wrap your arms around yourself and in faith give Abba Father a big spiritual cuddle. Listen to Jason Gray on YouTube, its real Jesus relationship making music.
- Think about what we can do for the needy in these times e.g. asking if we can deliver supplies like food to them and asking if they need a telephone chat.
- Pray about what prudent supplies you need yourself. Don’t empty the shelves for the elderly, thats wrong. Think of a good number in faith for what seems the right amount. If you live alone, and the Lord will direct you to more when the times comes. You need the Lord to guide you, and He will, ask for wisdom.
- Dont be afraid. Fear and excitement are similar emotions therefore switch it to excitement that God is massive and will look after us and we might be in heaven soon as it might be the end.
- Read your bible sensibly and in context and think about the under reported locusts, bushfires and Corona and whatever else. Be prudent and give it the benefit of the doubt. So repent of all of your sin and keep doing good as the good should carry on doing good.
- People turn to daft things like witchcraft in times like this. Check out my post named “mental health under attack by minions” for top tips on how to defend you and your family at home from minion neighbors.
- Pray at 1919 hours for 19 minutes against Covid-19. If everyone did this then it would probably go away. Also pray about the world will be after the virus. This might be more important actually.
- Is your memory since lock down a bit of a blur? Draw a grid of Monday to Sunday and for the days of the month on an A4 or A3 piece of paper. Make sure that you do one thing per day that you can easily remember e.g. watching a certain film. Do not write things like having a sandwich in the grid squares as that happens most days and thus will not help with the blur.
- Keep up a consistent routine. What would really help you is to draw a grid on A4 paper with eight columns and roughly eight or more rows. The column heading is days of the week and the rows are your activities. Tick off the squares with a pencil each day and then rub out at the end of the week. Keep a record of how you are doing before you rub out and then you will know if you are getting stronger or weaker. Things like sketching, a healthy meal, stretches, laughing, dancing, singing etc.
- “if we are faithless, he remains faithful— for he cannot deny himself.” 2 Timothy 2:13 ESV. But if you do not exercise your faith you will feel rubbish e.g. big “what if” worries and doubting. So make a list of all the things you can do to keep your faith muscles strong e.g. praise God (if you have to force the start then you can still break through), read the Word (Romans 10:17), pray for a longer period of time etc. Write a list of clever ideas to maintain your faith e.g. write down the times when Jesus helped you before when you were struggling, so you trust He will help you now.
If things get tough then check out my Big Lessons 1-10 series. Also check out the “Alone and afraid solutions for Corona” post. They can be found in the drop down menu at the top right of the webpage.
Jesus loves you massively. Bless you.